Business and IT architects – We build bridges
Architects for MES
Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
Does my company absolutely need a MES to survive or can we do perfectly well without it … and where can I find the answer to this question?
The integration of processes and systems across the entire supply chain, horizontally and vertically, plays an increasingly important role. Although there are still numerous isolated solutions in most companies, they do not have a future any more. Instead, manufacturing execution systems are getting more and more important as data hubs for the production.
But each company has to find its own way to tailor its processes, data structures, systems and responsibilities to the needs of its production. To achieve this goal, the company must find answers to questions such as:
- What can our ERP system do and where are the differences compared to MES?
- Which MES components are already available in our company – and can we integrate them? Or does it make more sense to replace them?
- How should the MES integrate itself into the existing SCADA and PLC environment?
- Do we need a tailor-made MES or are there any suitable standard systems?
- Are we impeding ourselves if we do not (yet) deal with the topic “Industry 4.0”?
HIR GmbH supports industrial companies in the strategic analysis and the operational design of their processes and IT systems in the MES environment. HIR GmbH enjoys an excellent reputation as a specialised and neutral consulting company in the fields of MES concepts and selection and implementation processes. Renowned large groups such as Alstom, Evonik, Linde, Ronal, Swarowski, Sulzer Metco, and TRW as well as mid-sized companies from different industries confirm the competence of HIR GmbH in the field of MES.